SubjectRe: Take A deep Breath - Kernel Documentation
Date
>	do you mean something like javadoc? you run the source thourough
> and it makes doumentation?

No, i think it's not good to have the source full of comments (they _are_ useful, agreed!) , there should be some kind of outside documentation.

Sure a author of a piece of code knows best (really? :) ) what he did. But in the way
the linux kernel was developed , share the work.

It's hard job to write a good documentation, so we need people, which document parts
of the kernel (remember kernel hackers don't do their work in 5 minutes, so we should
not load them with the bury to write a _good_ documentation, which takes
twice the time (or more) )

But,

1. WE NEED A KIND OF STYLE GUIDE FOR DOCUMENTATION!
2. DOCUMENTATION WRITERS MUST FOLLOW THE STYLE GUIDE!
3. WE NEED A KIND OF STYLE GUIDE FOR DOCUMENTATION!

Nothing is more annoying than switching from a ext2 documentation to a vfat documentation
and you have to guess one hour ( ;) ) how the document is structured and where to find
what you need...

Dietmar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.052 / U:0.100 seconds]