SubjectRe: 2.0.31 : please!

> You also don't need to be a hacker to help. The biggest single problem with
> testing a new 2.0.x kernel is getting enough test data. Every single person
> who sticks 2.0.31pre3 (when its out) on a machine and sees if it works -even
> if the stick it on for the day and reboot back to 2.0.27 before they go

I had an oops with pre-2, and reported it, but never got a response. My
subject was descriptive enough that the appropriate person should have
seen it.

Is it normal procedure to not see a response to an oops? Now that the
bugs are less and less common, isn't it possible to keep a master list,
and check them off as time goes on (ie, the person that reported the bug
no longer can induce it?)

I certainly could wait until pre-3, see if the problem still exists, and
repost, but I'm sure a list would make sure the problem gets fixed..

Thanks,
Dave Wreski

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.153 / U:2.612 seconds]