    SubjectRe: 2.0.31 : please!
    On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, David S. Miller wrote:

    > I think someone else should work on furthering the eventual 2.0.31
    > release. I don't have the stomache for it anymore. Any volunteers?

    I think I can speak for the majority in saying please reconsider. No
    matter what you do in life, there will always be some whiners who are
    never happy, but I think there must be a lot of people very grateful for
    your work on 2.0.x.

    > I refuse to work on something in my spare time for people who berate
    > me and my fellow developers.

    I doubt it makes you feel any better :), but one of my most memorable
    experiences from Linux Expo was lunch Saturday at that Chinese restaurant.
    Some acquaintances and I happened into the same place for lunch as you and a
    bunch of the other core developers, and the three of us sat at a table next
    to yours relatively silent listening to you guys talk about kernel
    development.

    Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
    Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/message.
    Florida Digital Turnpike |
    ________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:4.079 / U:0.068 seconds]