    SubjectRe: [offtopic] undeletable file on corrupted ext2 partion
    On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Stephen Beynon wrote:

    > I have a ext2 partion that corrupted due to a hardware fault (since
    > rectified :) - but I am left with a file that has been corrupted so that
    > it looks like a symbolic link.
    >
    > rm returns
    > rm: /bin/red: Operation not permitted
    >
    > when I try to rm the file as root - should this be possible ?
    >
    > e2fsck 1.10 claimed to have repaired the filesystem, and does not report
    > any errors when I force it to run now.
    >
    > I am guessing that this is more of a problem with e2fsck rather than the
    > kernel drivers so sorry for the off topic post.
    >
    > now where did I leave the filesystem editor :(
    >
    > Stephen

    Same sort of problem here however I used the filesystem editor to "delete"
    the said file. fsck'ed the system. Now I have another file on the system
    with the same problem.
    I left it alone at that point.
    I was not sure where to post this problem however since the issue has been
    raised.....

    |Mark Harvey | Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user friendly. |
    |Technical Support | It just happens to be selective about who it |
    |Force Technology | decides to make friends with. |
    |Voice: 61-2-94174477, Fax: 61-2-94173881, email: markh@forcetech.com.au |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:1.084 seconds]