    SubjectRe: User app corrupting buffer cache.
    Mark Salter wrote:

    > I am running into a strange problem where a user-level program
    > is causing the buffer cache to be corrupted.

    > Any comments or suggestions on how to track down this problem?

    Sounds like an interesting bug :-)

    A couple of suggestions:
    (1) try using strace and see whether any system calls look funny
    (strange arguments, unexpected failures.)

    (2) Since you say the ps_app itself gets corrupted, set up a background
    process to checksum the app every second or so. Then run ps_app under
    the debugger and see if you can narrow down when the corruption occurs.

    It's possible you're passing bad arguments to a system call and they
    aren't being properly checked.

    -Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:127.036 seconds]