SubjectRe: NS Communicator PR5, JavaScript Help CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

>> 4.0B5 is a BETA. While I have little faith that the production version will
>> be better, wait and see - for the moment you are out of order
>
>I'm not so much concerned about Netscape. A program like that will always
>have bugs, and I doubt their Linux port gets the attention it deserves.
>What concerns me is Linux' handling of the miscreant program. (And that's
>why I posted to _this_ list.) I suppose I should have tried to make it a
>more formal bug report.

Chances are that your computer wasn't "really" trashed, however, it is
trivial for an ill behaved program to render the console useless. In those
cases, the only solution is to find a way to access the computer remotely
and clean up.

X fiddles with the keyboard. If X gets hosed, you will likely not be able
to switch consoles.

None of this is likely to change.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go. Let us leave this festering hell hole. Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
--Dirk Gently

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.520 / U:0.236 seconds]