    SubjectRe: Forking
    David Mentre wrote:

    > Dieter Kaeppel <tires@nuernberg.netsurf.de> writes:
    >
    > > Is it possible to create a new process which shares the data with the
    > > parent?
    > >
    > > (For example to use two processors in the same programm)
    >
    > Yes. You should use LinuxThreads[1] which are kernel-pthreads. They are
    > able to share the same address space but are scheduled like a real
    > process (in fact, those threads are created with the shadow system
    > call clone() which creates, AFAIK, a duplicate of a process sharing
    > the same address space).

    Is it possible to prevent the thread from using certain parts of
    the process address space - like if I loaded some code in the shared
    memory and fired it as a thread, can I effectively prevent such a
    thread from accessing the memory of the main program (or other such
    threads)?

    Andrej

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.028 / U:0.536 seconds]