SubjectRe: Forking
David Mentre wrote:

> Dieter Kaeppel <tires@nuernberg.netsurf.de> writes:
>
> > Is it possible to create a new process which shares the data with the
> > parent?
> >
> > (For example to use two processors in the same programm)
>
> Yes. You should use LinuxThreads[1] which are kernel-pthreads. They are
> able to share the same address space but are scheduled like a real
> process (in fact, those threads are created with the shadow system
> call clone() which creates, AFAIK, a duplicate of a process sharing
> the same address space).

Is it possible to prevent the thread from using certain parts of
the process address space - like if I loaded some code in the shared
memory and fired it as a thread, can I effectively prevent such a
thread from accessing the memory of the main program (or other such
threads)?

Andrej

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans