SubjectRe: "obsolete" hardware

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, linux kernel (linker@nightshade.ml.org) wrote:

> Forget about 386es'.. People do what they want.. If you WANT to
> stop adaptec timeouts then why dont you find some time and contribute to
> what YOU want and stop trying to tell the rest of us what to do.

This series of messages was (and is) directed to the kernel development
team in hopes that since we're helping each other by writing our
respective parts of the TOTAL Linux package that you'll listen to the
concerns of your counterparts.

As an application software developer the thought that feature
development is abandonned or postponed in favor of backward compatibility
worries me. If I'm mistaken, and the trend exists in my mind only, I
apologize for the message clutter and return to irradiating myself in
front of my X console.

I sincerely hope that Linux has not adopted the "We know whats best and
screw you and your suggestions" attitude. Yes - I can roll up my sleeves
and hack the SMP code but I doubt I can do it better than you guys.
However I'll produce a hell of a development tool - if we cooperate.

Regards,

Y.

P.S. Mr. Linker:

You give yourself far too much credit thinking I'd waste my telling you
what to do.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.121 / U:0.096 seconds]