    SubjectRe: Watch for new versions.
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: "Edward S. Marshall" <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Here's something for you to try: set up this system, running every hour,
    > on one of your systems. Then make a tool available to the public to query
    > YOUR server every hour. If you're willing to create a tool to generate
    > this much traffic (and in your own words, its "not much"), would you be
    > willing to point it at YOU instead of at This way, YOU
    > take the responsibility for the traffic you generate because of the
    > proliferation of your tool.
    > Some food for thought. If you're not willing to take the beating every
    > hour, who says that Transmeta is? But you haven't given them a choice. Did
    > you even consult with them before your release?

    No, and I specifically ask that such a script *not* be used, please...

    PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
    See for web page and full PGP public key
    Always looking for a few good BOsFH. ** Linux - the OS of global cooperation
    I am Baha'i -- ask me about it or see

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.020 / U:37.616 seconds]