SubjectRe: cyrix 6x86 and ne2000 driver problem
> On Sat, 3 May 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The shouldnt be. We use two kinds of delays inb_p/outb_p generate an
> > extra I/O cycle on the ISA bus. udelay precomputes timing according to the
> > CPU. Thus for example the MMX pentium does loops far faster than the pentium
> > but the timing adjusts accordingly.

If the linux kernel already takes an extra clock cycle into account, what
about all of use that have "smart" chipsets that do it for us? In bootup
cmos settings I can set the irq recovery delay. Does that mean it is a
chipset setting and if I have it set to 1 I have twice the delay, or just
a bios setting, which linux doesn't use and I only have 1 clock cycle or
what?

| David Fries |
| dfries@mail.win.org |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.065 / U:1.440 seconds]