SubjectRe: [FAQ] Kernel Mailing List FAQ and Policy V1.16
I hate to mail this to linux-kernel, but kernelfaq@iconsult.com has been
unresponsive.
I really do not like 67k e-mails coming into my mailbox on a
pseudo-regular basis. I don't mind gobs and gobs of little mails, or even a
few big useful mails, but this mail is not helpful to me. A pointer to the
web page is all I can really see justification for. When a newbie joins and
does something dumb, they will not have read this even if they have seen it.
If we are going to point them to the kernelfaq, we'll do it through URL's.
As this is a development list, and not a newbie list (and the
newbies don't read what is posted anyways), there is no use for this faq to
be posted to this list.

On 3 May 1997 kernelfaq@iconsult.com wrote:

> Kernel Mailing List FAQ and Policy V1.16
<clip>

> Revision 1.1-1.3 "long ago"
> Early drafts, 1.3 was not released to the public.
>

> ;;; Local Variables:
> ;;; mode:indented-text
> ;;; compile-command: "update-contents.pl"
> ;;; mode:auto-fill
> ;;; End:

Greg Alexander
http://www.cia-g.com/~sietch/
----
"I read about monkeys in the encyclopedia as soon as I got home from the
funeral and I wonder if this one throws turds and masturbates all the time
like those monkeys saw it the zoo in San Francisco or if witness monkeys are
more like people."
-- a character in Orson Scott Card and Kathryn H. Kidd's novel,
Lovelock.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.033 / U:0.672 seconds]