SubjectRe: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?
Date
In article <199705260742.DAA03080@defiant.interpath.net>,
Ricky Beam <root@defiant.interpath.net> wrote:
>Letting the chips far where they may, I quote david parsons:
>>
>> If it's a one-way feed, it could be set up to mangle headers so that
>> only a human can figure them out. Rot13 the from: address, or put
>> spaces in it, or anything along those lines.
>>

>Unlikely... unless a human is constantly mangling the headers in such a
>way as to prevent any logical way to detect how it was manged, then a computer
>could be programmed to de-mangle the headers. The only sure way is to remove
>them entirely!

(this is my last post on this subject, honest!)

You're assuming as case where this is the only game in town, though;
in reality, the mailing list people have such a large pool of
uncloaked addresses that if you keep yourself even slightly ahead of
the game, they won't bother.

____
david parsons \bi/ But they do look in signatures: abuse@localhost
\/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.377 / U:0.048 seconds]