    Subject[OFF TOPIC] Spammers (Was Re: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?)
    Petri Kaukasoina writes:
    > BTW, I maintain lists of valid cyberpromo+nancynet+llv+quantcom domain
    > names. The lists can be found in url

    Stanford University's computer security officer does a very good job
    of tracking down spammers who e-mail Stanford users. His efforts have
    lead to ISPs deleting many accounts. Alas some ISPs are not entirely
    cooperative. Therefore Stanford has begun blocking some subnets at
    the University's main gateway. Anyone interested can check out the
    list of blocked subnets at

    If you plan to use this list yourself, keep in mind that it does block
    some ISPs entirely and thus block email from some innocent users.

    BTW: For a while was on the list!!
    Paul H. Hargrove All material not otherwise attributed is the opinion of the author or a typo.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:3.700 seconds]