    SubjectRe: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?
    Date
    Letting the chips far where they may, I quote Marc E. Christensen:

    >I took out their site for a half an hour last week when I sent them a
    >32meg core file. You couldn't ping them or bring up their web site. I
    >wonder how they got the Linux related mailing lists. (obviously they just
    >sent messages to majordomo with 'who <list-name>' in the body. Mabey the
    >lists should prevent this action from non-subscribers. They are complete
    >jerks.

    It works, but it's childish...

    As for the list names... there was an autoresponder subscribed to the list:
    msinfo101@answerme.com

    Subscribing such bogous autoresponders to mailing lists is legally actionable.
    Technically speaking, they don't have to fetch the list of addresses. They
    just set back and record every e-mail address that goes through the list.

    --Ricky

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.019 / U:0.684 seconds]