    SubjectRe: New UseNet Gateway under construction
    To clarify and avoid flames: That gateway is a one way thing. It only
    posts mail from the mailing list and does not take usenet posts into the
    mailing lists. I hope this is acceptable.

    On Sat, 24 May 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

    > I have tried to setup up a new usenet gateway at news.fuller.edu. The
    > newsserver has public NNTP access. If anyone needs a feed then please
    > tell me. Help wanted and needed especially since I dont have much
    > experience with usenet.
    >
    > On 24 May 1997, Rick Ellis wrote:
    >
    > > In article <m0wV1Fn-0005FiC@lightning.swansea.linux.org.uk>,
    > > Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Alternatively you can flood fill - it's called USENET ;) - unfortunately
    > > >when DaveM decided to dump Usenet the linux.* groups where left moderated,
    > > >pointing to a dead address and dumped. Thats causing lots of people to
    > > >use the lists who would have stayed using linux.* even if it was seperate,
    > > >its removed a means where "xyz is down" messages get around and it looks
    > > >incredibly unprofessional to news admins and usenet folks
    > >
    > > The loss on the linux.* gateway is certainly why I had to join serveral
    > > lists. I'd much prefer to receive the lists via my newsfeed but now
    > > I can't. <sigh>

    Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:30.280 seconds]