SubjectRE: Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Address not found
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Ryan Breding wrote:

> Damnit anyways....im tired of asking nicely to have this address removed
> from your list.....DO IT NOW!!!!!
>

> Ryan Breding
> Network Administration
> University Housing & Food Services Department
> University of Oklahoma
> 405.325.0342 fax: 405.325.7117

<combination_sarcasm_and_fume>

Follow the instructions you were given when you signed up. Spamming the
list with grammatically inferior screaming and cursing about your
inability to follow instructions isn't getting you any sympathy, is most
likely to only make you look like a moron who is foaming at the mouth, and
most people are probably ignoring it. That's especially true since the
vast majority of people on this list can't do anything about it. I
personally don't even know the name of the list maintainer.

Requests for removal should *very rarely* be sent to the list. In general,
all it does it infuriate people and multiplex your message to hundreds of
different people around the world who neither care nor can do anything
about your situation.

Now, if someone finangled a way for you to get onto the list without
getting that little informational packet, ignore (most of) what I just
said.

</combination_sarcasm_and_fume>

<nice>

With most mailing lists there are a few conventions that can be followed.

Mail majordomo@site (in this case: majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu) with:

unsubscribe <name of list>

In this case the string would be:

unsubscribe linux-kernel

If that doesn't work, mail <name of list>-owner@site
(linux-kernel-owner@vger.rutgers.edu) with a request to be removed, and an
explanation of why the automated process didn't work. This address is
typically human readable.

</nice>

Sorry to pull out the brimstone, but I'm rather sick of this kind of spew
on the lists I read. I don't read USENET because of off-topic, useless
stuff like this, and I'd prefer to not have to read it on mailing lists.

This was echoed to the mailing list in case anyone else has this
"problem."

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.053 / U:0.012 seconds]