lkml.org 
[lkml]   [1997]   [May]   [23]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: laptop suspend problems in kernel 2.0.27

Try enabling APM in the kernel. You may have to play with different
APM options to find what works with that laptop. I've seen this
behavior on other systems when APM was not enabled.

Larry

>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 06:06:24 -0400
>From: "Sheldon E. Newhouse" <sen1@math.msu.edu>
>Sender: owner-linux-laptop@vger.rutgers.edu
>Precedence: bulk
>
>I have a Gateway 2100 laptop and am running Redhat 4.1 with the generic
>2.0.27 kernel as shipped. The suspend resume option on the laptop works
>fine in console mode, but not with X.
>
>When trying to resume having left X to go to a separate console for the
>suspend-resume seauence, the errors below arise.
> Thanks for any suggestions
>
>-sen
>
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: divide error: 0000
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: CPU: 0
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: EIP: 0010:[do_fast_gettimeoffset+71/120]
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: EFLAGS: 00010097
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: eax: cc8382a0 ebx: 021f0f7d ecx: 00006a98 edx: ffffffff
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: esi: 52dbb279 edi: 00000000 ebp: bffff660 esp: 01b10f88
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: ds: 0018 es: 0018 fs: 002b gs: 002b ss: 0018
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Process xload (pid: 291, process nr: 31, stackpage=01b10000)
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Stack: 01b10fb0 00000246 0804f848 0010f01a bffff680 00000000 00115ea0 01b10fb0
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: 01b20414 0804f848 338375fa 000d1a22 0010a805 bffff680 00000000 00000000
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: 0804f848 0804f848 bffff660 ffffffda 0000002b 0000002b 0000002b 0000002b
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Call Trace: [do_gettimeofday+34/68] [sys_gettimeofday+44/112] [system_call+85/124]
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Code: f7 f1 ba 10 27 00 00 89 c1 31 c0 f7 f1 a3 c4 22 1d 00 89 c3
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: divide error: 0000
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: CPU: 0
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: EIP: 0010:[do_fast_gettimeoffset+71/120]
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: EFLAGS: 00010097
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: eax: cc95eea2 ebx: 021f0f7d ecx: 00006a99 edx: ffffffff
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: esi: 52ee1e7b edi: 00000000 ebp: bffff88c esp: 020a1f88
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: ds: 0018 es: 0018 fs: 002b gs: 002b ss: 0018
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Process X (pid: 285, process nr: 27, stackpage=020a1000)
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Stack: 020a1fb0 00000246 bffffa74 0010f01a bffff8a8 00000000 00115ea0 020a1fb0
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: 0206c414 ffffffff 338375fa 000d4132 0010a805 bffff8a8 00000000 0000007b
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: ffffffff bffffa74 bffff88c ffffffda 0000002b 0000002b 0000002b 0000002b
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Call Trace: [do_gettimeofday+34/68] [sys_gettimeofday+44/112] [system_call+85/124]
>May 21 18:23:54 hamilton kernel: Code: f7 f1 ba 10 27 00 00 89 c1 31 c0 f7 f1 a3 c4 22 1d 00 89 c3
>
>

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [from the cache]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans