SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Mailing Lists
Date
> Could we come up with a scheme to decentralize the mailing lists so that
> one host cannot result in everything failing and some means of automatic
> load determination? Sounds complicated... Maybe someone here has an idea
> to do it in a simple and easy way.

You create a domain - say "mailing-list.kernel.org" and make it an MX
record with a short expiry. Now you run the bind patches that do host
up verification to pick which machine they respond with on the MX, finally
you create a whole complex layer to avoid loops and to handle delivery
routing.

Alternatively you can flood fill - it's called USENET ;) - unfortunately
when DaveM decided to dump Usenet the linux.* groups where left moderated,
pointing to a dead address and dumped. Thats causing lots of people to
use the lists who would have stayed using linux.* even if it was seperate,
its removed a means where "xyz is down" messages get around and it looks
incredibly unprofessional to news admins and usenet folks

Someone please unmoderate the bloody groups

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans