    SubjectRe: NT/Linux Driver?
    > The question I have is how many Windows NT kernel-level routies is a NT
    > device driver allowed to call? Because we would need to supply all of
    > the routine NT supplies to allow drivers to hook into interrupts, the
    > routines drivers use to access the virtual memory subsystem to do DMA,
    > etc.

    Almost all of them, and some of the HAL ones are quite low level. I did
    look at this for NDIS 4.0 network drivers. Asynchronous bios services we
    can do with a bit of vm86 magic, some very dodgy interrupt controller
    emulation and the like but not alas I suspect NT drivers

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.016 / U:34.980 seconds]