    SubjectRe: NT/Linux Driver?

    Doesn't anybody have NT/alpha binaries of these things?!-/

    Anyhow, this thread got off the original track of getting KERNEL MODE
    linux device drivers to work (with some limits) in NT kernel mode. None
    of these various packages help with kernel mode programming.

    Incidentally, I'm finding that the linux programming interface is so
    much better and more direct then the NT DDK. Oh, G*d. What linux kernel
    programming lacks is a defined and documented DDK interface. All the
    documentation I've seen fails to cover some important topics:

    select support
    mmap support and the vm_operations_struct
    etc.

    The NT DDK, though quite hideous, is at least documented. (It doesn't say
    anything, but the corporate purchasing drone doesn't read it anyhow.)

    Are there any books out there that cover the subject?

    Any thought been given to standardizing the Linux DDI? This would allow
    for a build-up of documentation.

    --
    Steve Williams
    steve@icarus.com

    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
    And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.019 / U:0.516 seconds]