    Subjectsync seems does not work fine?
    Hi *

    Before explain the problem, the better way is test it. Please, test this
    with a big file (hmmm ... 1Mb of data, more or less)

    # tar cvf /dev/fd0 ./bigfile

    # mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
    # cp bigfile /mnt

    Well, when you press Enter the copy is begin (obvious), in this moment,
    Linux starts the copy of this file to /dev/fd0, and Linux give you the
    prompt in 2 or 3 seconds. Note that, in this point, the file is not still
    copied totally.

    BUT, if you executes a "sync" command in this moment (so you are requesting
    to Linux that this should be copied NOW !!), then you will haven't the
    prompt until the file be copied totally and this session will be "locked". (?)

    I thing that this is a sync problem or shared-memory or SIGNALS (i dont know)

    I have make this test on SCO UNIX and it's works fine.

    Anyone can tell me something about this?

    Thanks in advance

    Linux Kernel = 2.0.28
    Machine = Pentium 166Mhz with 32Mb RAM (45Mb of swap)

    (0 0)
    | Jordi Sanfeliu (Mikaku on IRC-Net/Efnet)|
    | |
    | |
    | I want a Top Level Domain for Catalonia |
    | |
    || ||
    ooO Ooo

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:1.120 seconds]