    SubjectRe: CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE in v2.1.31
    Date

    > My only minor gripe is that you still can't select the serial port without
    > having to locate and edit some #define buried in some file. This can either
    > be addressed via a boot time argument or as a CONFIG option. The latter
    > is probably an adequate solution, and what the following patch implements
    > via the "choice" configure function (same as how you select your CPU on
    > i386 builds).

    A CONFIG option is not adequate, sorry. People who need the serial
    console often need to maintain tens, if not hundreds of machines and
    sometimes the configuration has to be slightly different,
    unfortunately. The old serial patch had a command line option

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.029 / U:180.168 seconds]