SubjectRe: ext2 filesystem corruption?!?!?? (fwd)

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, DUPRE Christophe wrote:
> Well, if there's an error, you can't blame ext2, because this test
> bypasses it. It can be either hardware (disk, memory, controller,

Understood. Will try it tonite. Seems much more effective then my 'cp
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/scsi1/mount1 & cp /mnt/cdrom /mnt/scsi1/mount2' when I was
desperately testing a new motherboard to try and exhibit the problem. :)

> SCSI, mid-level SCSI disk, or low-level AIC7xxx.). Then you have to do
> other tests (memtest-86 for example to rule out the memory and cache,

After some searching, I finally found this. Can you tell me how long it
is supposed to run? I let it sit for like three hours, and there wasn't a
single screen update. Did something go wrong? Didn't change which
address it was testing, etc. (This was on another box)

> massive compile can pretty rule-out memory, cache and motherboard).
> Then only software drivers and hard disk controller/disk remain. You can
> swap the disk for another to rule it out, change controller, or fiddle
> with driver compile switch...

My problem is that I'm stuck with an Award BIOS on my P180. I really
despise Award. It isn't possible to flash it with AMI for the same board,
is it?

Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.257 / U:0.036 seconds]