SubjectRe: Solaris source

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Eric Youngdale wrote:

> On another note, Linux on x86 has had the ability to run some
> Solaris x86 binaries for quite some time using the iBCS package. From
> what I can tell, very few people use it, so I don't really put any time
> into it any more.

My interest for running Solaris x86 binaries started recently when our
company started using Lotus Notes. It obviously doesn't support linux
but it does have Solaris/x86 version. I haven't tried to run it but
so far I haven't been able to run even solaris/x86 gzip (it crashes
after it finds shared SysV libraries). If I could get notes running I
could switch this NT-workstation to linux-version ;). Too bad Lotus
doesn't make SCO-version because I've used SCO/Oracle 7.1.*with good
success. Are the latest sources available somewhere? I could look at the
sources to see if I can contribute to effort to get solaris/x86 emulation
running. Also pointers to some documentation would be helpful.

--
Juhani Rautiainen jrauti@iki.fi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.434 / U:0.808 seconds]