SubjectRe: Sys V TLI for Linux?
W. Reilly Cooley wrote:

> Does anyone know of an implementation of Sys V TLI for Linux? If not, anyone
> want to get crackin'? Informix is considering porting some of their DBMS
> software to Linux, and requires this for an easy port. It would move Linux
> in closer competetion with commercial Unices to have such significant
> software as a database from one of the top three DB companies.

Check out http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~LiS/ for information on the Linux
Streams project. I'm not sure, but they may have some working code
already. While streams suck from a performance standpoint, there seem to
be quite a few commercial vendors that are avoiding Linux because it
lacks them. Seems like a catch 22 to me, Linux suffers to some degree
either way.

Cheers,
Chris

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.054 / U:1.668 seconds]