    SubjectRe: Sys V TLI for Linux?
    W. Reilly Cooley wrote:

    > Does anyone know of an implementation of Sys V TLI for Linux? If not, anyone
    > want to get crackin'? Informix is considering porting some of their DBMS
    > software to Linux, and requires this for an easy port. It would move Linux
    > in closer competetion with commercial Unices to have such significant
    > software as a database from one of the top three DB companies.

    Check out http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~LiS/ for information on the Linux
    Streams project. I'm not sure, but they may have some working code
    already. While streams suck from a performance standpoint, there seem to
    be quite a few commercial vendors that are avoiding Linux because it
    lacks them. Seems like a catch 22 to me, Linux suffers to some degree
    either way.

    Cheers,
    Chris

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.019 / U:91.072 seconds]