    SubjectRe: Sys V TLI for Linux?
    W. Reilly Cooley wrote:
    > Does anyone know of an implementation of Sys V TLI for Linux? If not, anyone
    > want to get crackin'? Informix is considering porting some of their DBMS
    > software to Linux, and requires this for an easy port. It would move Linux
    > in closer competetion with commercial Unices to have such significant
    > software as a database from one of the top three DB companies.

    Check out for information on the Linux
    Streams project. I'm not sure, but they may have some working code
    already. While streams suck from a performance standpoint, there seem to
    be quite a few commercial vendors that are avoiding Linux because it
    lacks them. Seems like a catch 22 to me, Linux suffers to some degree
    either way.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:9.328 seconds]