SubjectRe: linux-kernel-digest V1 #817
-I did the setup on the spare machine, and copy all system acrosse the net
-via mont NFS on other HD on my 1.2.13 machine, all went good, and copy my
-all ISP file on my other HD, exept i cant copy /proc file system across the
-NFS, it tell me file not found..??, and when i try to make tar of my /proc,
-the tar respond to me file not exist for many files on the /proc, and i do
-it from this server, not via NFS, anyone have idea..??
-
- Daniel

If I understand it correctly, /proc is where running programs are
kept while they're loaded in memory. There aren't any real "files" in
there, and everything in /proc goes away when you reboot. I don't think you
need to worry about those for the new system. It will fill /proc with
whatever as it loads things up when you boot.
Anyone else care to elaborate on this?

--
Pat
Patrick G. Salsbury <salsbury@sculptors.com>

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.028 / U:0.048 seconds]