SubjectRe: procfs problems
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > > Because some cpus have information that just does not make sense to
> > > have on other cpus. Look at the SPARC displays, parts of the
> > > information are related to the MMU for the CPU which does not make any
> > > sense to display on an Alpha or an Intel.
> > Oooook.....
> >
> > Alpha:
> > cpu : Alpha
> > [...]
> > Tell me why this can't be standardized.
> I was not talking about those. I don't see any MMU information on
> your example as I mentioned. I am talking about these:
> [...]

I don't see any problem with these *as long as it is consistent*.

Why for example is vacsize, mmuctxs, context and segment not aligned?

Is there any reason to say "bytes" or "flushes" some places and not
others?

I was just looking at /proc/locks, is there any reason for this data to be
a mixture of hex/dec?

/proc/stat looks to do things The Right Way (at least for parsing).

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.082 / U:1.408 seconds]