    SubjectRe: UNIX: The Experiment That Failed
    [Apologies for continuing the spam, but most people missed something]

    > http://www.danger.net/ - reasons why NT will crush UNIX.

    There's a statement on one of the pages about scaling and cost. I can
    build a web/mail/ftp/samba/etc server using Linux for less that $500 US,
    and get decent performance out of it even when compiling.

    Anybody care to remind me what a NT based server to do that will cost
    including NT server 4.0? Oh yes, the machine above is a 486/66. I tried
    installing NT on one of those..it didn't like me is putting it mildly..

    Dude, get your facts straight, unless you like looking like a fool, among
    other things. And, can you show me a graphics program on NT that can
    match up to a SGI?

    Duncan Hill
    Administrator/Webmaster for Bajan.Org
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.
    Email: dhill@bajan.org : dhill@sunbeach.net
    http://www.bajan.org http://www.bajan.org/dhill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:29.928 seconds]