SubjectRe: UNIX: The Experiment That Failed
[Apologies for continuing the spam, but most people missed something]

> http://www.danger.net/ - reasons why NT will crush UNIX.

There's a statement on one of the pages about scaling and cost. I can
build a web/mail/ftp/samba/etc server using Linux for less that $500 US,
and get decent performance out of it even when compiling.

Anybody care to remind me what a NT based server to do that will cost
including NT server 4.0? Oh yes, the machine above is a 486/66. I tried
installing NT on one of those..it didn't like me is putting it mildly..

Dude, get your facts straight, unless you like looking like a fool, among
other things. And, can you show me a graphics program on NT that can
match up to a SGI?

Duncan Hill
Administrator/Webmaster for Bajan.Org
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.
Email: dhill@bajan.org : dhill@sunbeach.net
http://www.bajan.org http://www.bajan.org/dhill

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans