SubjectRe: parallel zip drives
Am 02-Apr-97 schrieb Curtis' test dude:

>Yes it does suck... I am glad to see I'm not the only one... It took about
>an hour for me to transfer 100M from my linux box to a zip disk.

>Curtis

>On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, fb wrote:

>> Is it me or do parallel port zip drives just plain suck under linux?
>>
>> I heard that this may be caused by the fact that the driver does not
support
>> epp, anyone have any comments, ideas, or zip drive benchmarks.
>>
>> Also, please do not refer me to any howto's or faq's, I have read them
>already.
>>
>> Thanks
>> FB

Same for me! HDParm says that uncached speed is about 0,03MB/s, but cached it
says something like 28,5MB/s ...but this speed is a joke, because as soon as
I'm access the ZIP drive after writing to it (which is really fast first!), th
ZIP Drive writes and writes for about 10mins...seems that the driver loads in
all write access into memory and sync it down to the ZIP drive as soon as it
is accessed...under DOS/Windows the ZIP drive is much much faster...

--
\ Name: Sascha 'SieGeL' Pfalz - Leader of (tRSi-iNNOVATiONs) /

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.076 / U:0.792 seconds]