SubjectRe: 2.0.30 & ISDN lockup
> I've heard of more complaints of this. Apparently nothing has been touched
> in the ISDN code by this patch, so it must be related to a change elsewhere.
> Perhaps the ISS stuff conflicts in some way with the ISDN ppp stuff? Are all
> the ISS patches still available? I could try to find where the problem
> starts.
>
> BTW, apparently (most?) people who use the HiSax 2.0 driver don't have
> problems. This in turn raises the question why the HiSax driver is not
> included in the patch. It was submitted to Linus many weeks ago, and
> the author was dismayed to find it was not included. The HiSax driver
> is much more robust and stable than the teles driver currently in the
> kernel sources.

The Hisax driver will crash 2.0.30 unless you apply all the isdn patches
at ftp.franken.de. The 2.0.29 isdn patches consist of one main patch and 4
smaller patches. Without the 4 smaller patches, the kernel will crash.

Regards,

Sven

P.S. I hope that those 4 smaller patches will be included in 2.0.31 and
not just the main patch....
P.S.1. I also hope that the old ISDN stuff will be fased out quickly to
avoid mixups and provide clearity.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:1.312 / U:0.540 seconds]