SubjectRe: Kernel testing
> > confidence.
> >
> > > But, let me suggest the Posix conformance suites as a good first past
> > > test for stupid brokeness.
> >
> > This was something I was considering, and looking at the redistribution
> > license (http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/softagre.htm), it looks like
> > the NIST code could be incorporated into a GPLed test suite because it's
> > produced by the government and therefore not protected by copyright.
>
> A sick thought crossed my mind ... What if we doing something
> similar to what the cryptography folks are doing. Have people run the
> stress test when they want, how ever long they want, and have it
> communicate with a main server someplace which will keep track of these
> things ...
> What do you people think?
>
> -Seth

That it is unnecesarily complex, and you can only report success, anyway.
If it crashes, you can't expect that machine to report it :-).
[You need human beings in this process...]

--
This is my little buggy signature... Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.110 / U:0.100 seconds]