SubjectRe: 2.1.30 Kernel
	Of course it's kernel related.  I re-compiled my new kernel with
ALL of the same settings. Nothing in that regard has changed, so
something has been changed to the kernel. If you read
Documentation/Changes, you'll see a big thing about how automatic routing
has been added to this kernel, but it doesn't tell you a damn thing about
what needs to be change in terms of init scripts (i.e. network...).

Terence J. McDevitt

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Amy wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 15:11:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: Amy <root@internet-frontier.net>
> To: "Terence J. McDevitt" <mcdevitt@hulk.oit.unc.edu>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: 2.1.30 Kernel
>

> On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Terence J. McDevitt wrote:
>
> > I'm new to the list, so pardon me if this question has been asked
> > before (and I'm sure it has been). I just updated my machine from 2.0
> > kernel to 2.1.30. Whenever I reboot my computer, I get a message stating
> > that "route forgot to specify route netmask". I know how to manually
> > specify a netmask with route, but is there some easy way to make these
> > messages go away and have my TCP/IP stuff working again (I get "Invalid
> > Argument" messages whenever I try to do anything IP related...)?
> >
> This is not a kernel-related question. It sounds like you either do not
> have a network card installed, or your kernel has not been configured for
> a network card.
>
> Amy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:1.348 / U:0.284 seconds]