SubjectRe: Where may I be fed linux.kernel.dev?
Date
(copy to the list in case the answer is useful to someone else)

> This is way off-topic from kernel development but judging from many
> posts, there seems to exist linux.kernel.dev, and perhaps others in a
> linux.* hierarchy. None of my news servers (spanning 3 different

That's correct: there are about 70 newsgroups in the linux.* hierachy.

> domains) carry it. Is this a non-standard newsgroup? and if so, how do I

Yes.
There are two reasons to this:
Most people here seem to prefer the mailing list access because it's
supposed to have less latency than a news feed. This is now only partly true
because the load has made vger rather slow.
If this was in the comp.os.linux hierachy, there would be a lot of newbie
junk (there is already enough as it is).

I get it (via nnrp) from zippo (http://www.zippo.com/)

> contribute once I come up to speed) through a news interface and not a
> mail interface.

I agree 100%.

> Any pointers?

The feed I had originally comes from vger.gate.yggdrasil.com

Here is a path line that may help you find a server that could feed you.
szdc-e!super.zippo.com!zdc-e!mr.net!news.idt.net!cam-news-hub1.bbnplanet.com!news.bbnplanet.com!howland.erols.net!feeder.chicago.cic.net!ratatosk.yggdrasil.com!vger.gate.yggdrasil.com!not-for-mail

(I said the feed I had because right now it's completely broken, and filled
with junk from other lists. I wrote to the gateway maintainer, so let's see
what happens).

Best,
Marc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.024 / U:0.264 seconds]