    SubjectRe: Unable to handle kernel paging request
    On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Bernd Schmidt wrote:

    > I'd like to agree, but I've seen another bug report like this, and I noticed
    > that in both cases, the function elf_core_dump appeared in the stack trace.
    > I even still have the original mail. The author (Johnny Stenback) claims the
    > problem is reproducible with the following test program:

    I've run Bernd's program several times now and am fairly convinced this is
    a kernel problem...not bad RAM. I got almost identical ksymoops data from
    both the user's mud and Bernd's program. I've upgraded to 2.0.29, and
    still get very similar results from Bernd's program. First run segfaults,
    additional runs go to state D and none can be I had to reboot

    Jon Lewis <> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
    Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
    ________Finger for PGP public key_______

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.037 / U:22.040 seconds]