SubjectProblems with SMP and APM with Intels PR440FX motherboard

After getting the Intel PR440FX motherboard and compiling the
2.0.28&29 kernels with SMP support I noticed that the system would
reboot after a period of inactivity. The problems seems connected to
APM. When the APM is shutting down a disk drive or the screen the
system reboots. If I use the suspend hot-key it also reboots. If I
disable APM in the system BIOS it runs ok (for 4 days now).

I am not sure what is at fault here, the APM support in the system
bios or the APM support in the Linux kernel. Has anyone experienced
this problem? Or better yet, does anyone have a solution other than
disabling APM altogether (I use it to put the monitor into power-save
mode)?

The system hw is as follows:
2X200Mhz PPro
128MB Ram
A 9MB Seagate Barracuda FW harddrive on the internal SCSI
A 4MB ATI GPT videocard
--
Cheers,
Ivar Hosteng

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.027 / U:0.028 seconds]