SubjectRe: Adaptec AHA-2920 PCI SCSI host adapter? supported?
On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, I. Harold Oga wrote:

> On Feb 15, 1997 at 11:16:38PM -0700, Derrik Pates wrote:
> > I've heard people trying to get AHA-2940 series PCI SCSI host adapters
> > working, but I have not heard whether or not the AHA-2920 SCSI host
> > adapter is supported. I believe it uses an AIC-7800-series controller
> > chip, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has gotten one to work/found
> > that it doesn't work/has anything else useful to tell me.
> >

> This is not correct. The AHA-2920 is a Future Domain based controller.
> It is supported as a FD 16xx. I use this controller with an internal scsi
> Zip drive, and it works just fine.

Sounds fine to me. Like I said, that was what I thought, but apparently, I
was mistaken. Thanks for straightening me out on that. I'll look into
picking one up. And thanks to everyone else who has or is going to send me
feedback - it was suggested to me to buy a BusLogic FlashPoint (by an IRC
friend whose mom works for Mylex/BusLogic), except I looked at the docs,
only to discover it's unsupported. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.021 / U:0.176 seconds]