SubjectRe: 2.2: TaskID's for CLONE_PID? Proper signal handling?
> From: Peeter Joot <peeter@joot.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 22:32:45 -0500
> Subject: Re: 2.2: TaskID's for CLONE_PID? Proper signal handling?
>
> In article <34A841FC.49D7B9B5@ucsd.edu> you write:
> >Hi, I've been watching LinuxThreads develope for a while, and it seems
> >possible that the KERNEL problems could be fixed in 2.2. Adding TIDs
> >seems a major step (though I could be wrong) as does getting the proper
> >signal stuff working. Maybe even MT debugging?
> > I've actually seen posts on linux-kernel about people working on ALL of
> >these, so it should be possible. What's the likelyhood of these
> >features getting into 2.2, though?
>
> I have been _slowly_ working on some CLONE_PID changes (tids, proc, sharing
> pids,uid,gid,groups, ...) but there are a lot of little details that make
> things much more intricate than I thought it would be. Even if I finish this
> stuff before 2.2 I don't think it should go in as it needs lots of testing.
>
> It looks like the _NSIG==32 limit is now gone with the new signal handling
> code, so we should be able remove the linuxthreads dependence on SIGUSR[12],
> providing the libc support is there (glibc).
>
> I think that MT debugging should probably be possible right now with some
> user level gdb work but I don't know for sure.
>
> Peeter

May I ask, what is the "new signal handling"? Is this POSIX real-time (queued) signals?

We are currently attempting a port from LynxOS (which has most of the POSIX rt extentsions) to Linux. We are having many problems w/ threads vs. real-time signals (we
currently using several updates and some patches). If I could perhaps assist, please let me know...

Steve Suson
"Keep the faith."

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.026 / U:0.224 seconds]