    SubjectRe: 2.1.76, nfs client, and memory fragmentation
    And lo, Linus Torvalds saith unto me:
    > What this does is to essentially get rid of the old "minimum number of
    > free pages" policy, and instead makes it a "minimum allocation order
    > with an entry" policy. The code will refuse to use up the last entry of
    > some allocation order for normal allocations - and the maximum allowable
    > order depends on the type of allocation.
    I'll try it, but I don't think this will solve the fragmentation. It will
    adjust the reservation to try to hold on to free chunks of larger orders,
    but once a high-priority allocation snags the last one we're back where we
    started, with no way of bringing high-order free chunks back into the

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.021 / U:18.836 seconds]