SubjectRe: NFS problem in 2.0.32
Date
> switches to NFS2 mode (obvioiusly), but still exhibits NFS3ish behaviour
> - it floods the server with several simultaneous requests. This isn't
> illegal in NFS2, but can give low performance if the server isn't tuned

If the server or client on Solaris are competently written then this
will not be a problem. The BSD code base does this and the BSD folks did
it right - in fact its _beautifully_ implemented and uses tcp like congestion
control algorithms

> the problem, is there something I can do about it? Will upgrading to a
> newer nfsd (possibly 2.1.7x and knfsd) solve it?

unfsd is single threaded so it wont help if solaris is really handling this
wrong. knfsd might well do. You might want to ask sun why they are spamming
your server with parallel requests and poor flow control - its the kind
of thing you'll often get "oh just type blah to set the queue size"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.034 / U:0.704 seconds]