    Date (Alan Cox) writes:

    > Suns send huge (8K) fragmented datagramns by default. Tell the sun to use
    > 1K when mounting off linux and it will fly along much more happily

    I guess I should have mentioned this, but I have tried setting
    rsize/wsize to 1024 (as well as 8192, which incidentally works lovely
    the other way) to no avail. Or did you mean something else?

    I also have looked at the mtu settings in ifconfig (-a on the Sun),
    which are 1500 - somebody thought that might be an issue, any opinions?

    I feel I should stress this is not just a performance issue, simple
    operations take hideously long, and some large ones fail completely. dd
    from /dev/zero to a file took 13 minutes, before the process crashed
    after about four megs.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:31.100 seconds]