Subject(Offtopic) Re: humble apology for spam
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Jon Beck wrote:

> On the "http://www-flash.stanford.edu/~bergmann/bookmarks.html" page
> there is a link that's title is:
>
> "linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu by thread "
>
> Which is why it sent to an email list, which obviously upset you
> guys.
>
> You know you can exclude submissions from users who aren't on
> the list...

Or set up spam filters. Easily done with ipfwadm if you do your own mail
handling, or I've run into a few sites out there that offer procmail
rulesets to catch and dispose of spam (Potentially autoreplying with a
nastygram at the same time.)

I've found that adding the entire agis.net domain blocks to my IP filters
has cut my spam noise level by about 90%. A couple of other domains out
there that consistently relay spam or that don't belong to Agis but who
still spam brings my spam level down to a comfortable 1 or 2 a month.

See ftp://ftp.greyfox.org/pub/security/filtspam for my script that does
this. If someone has suggestions on how to reduce the large number of
class C's I'm feeding it into address ranges based on subnet masks, I'd be
much obliged.

Bruce Ide
greyfox@greyfox.org http://www.greyfox.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:1.385 / U:0.000 seconds]