SubjectRe: KERNEL BUG !!! - (in IP forwarding or IP defragmenting)
Date
> It is triggered while forwarding ICMP packets bigger than MTU, while
> kernel option 'IP packet defragmentation' is compiled in.
> After accepting such packets, kernel is freezing (no registers on console
> - only 'Kernel panic... not syncing' or something like this)

Well it doesnt crash my box here.

> I suspect this bug to be triggered by 'ets0' network interface
> (synchronous HDLC support) from et.o module supplied with ET5025

ET refuse to provide source, that means the Linux community cannot even guess
what the problem might be. I always tell people not to use binary only
drivers - here is why.

> IP ALWAYS DEFRAGMENT - what I need for my firewall and masquerading.
> That suggests that bug is in linux kernel in defragmenting code

Always defragment does change the precise kernel behaviour and might with
the right driver bug show up a problem. If so I would expect the panic
to be an skb_put or skb_push panic.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.031 / U:0.992 seconds]