SubjectRe: [sx]quake still segfaults with 2.0.32 and MMX pentium

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> > this DOESN't have any problems, also note that I never had this problem
> > with qwcl ( the quake world client ). I have a p200mmx, if you need more
> > info jsut ask, also if someone finds a fix for it, I'll be glad to check
> > it out and see if it works ( I'm not a kernel hacker, I only read this
> > list because I like to keep track of the kernel development, and see where
> > its going :) )
>
> Next question. Does anyone see this problem who doesnt have an MMX pentium ?

hm, is there any official INVLPG errata in MMX pentiums? Also, this might
be similar to the 4MB pages + overclocking problem, does anyone see this
bug with non-overclocked, never-ever-crashed MMX pentiums?

-- mingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.056 / U:0.280 seconds]