SubjectCrash Tracing
Date
Hi all!

I've been having some problems with 2.1.6x. I keep the system
up and go off to work, school, etc. Sometimes, I come back to a blank
screen. The system seems to have crashed completely, and nothing works
except the reset button on my case.
Nothing shows up in my logs, and I'm not doing anything really
strange (and it's probably not an attack over the network, since I'm
demand-dialing out).
I'd like to trace down whatever may be causing this, so I was
wondering what will be involved in saving the 'state' of the system, so
I can restore the last 'state' before a crash and observe the sequence
of events before the system goes down.

I vaguely recall a talk on this subject a while ago on this list,
and was wondering if anyone did anything to this end.

Any ideas?

-- DN

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.050 / U:0.184 seconds]