SubjectRe: [URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUESTED] production machines dying
   Date: 	Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:56:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Thomas Schenk <tschenk@dejanews.com>

All of you pointed out the need for the values on nnnnnnnn:nnn.
Can any of you describe to me how to interpret these numbers in a
way that does not involve running gdb on the machine in question
(which is not possible, since when I receive this error, the
machine freezes).
step 1) Write "magic number" down on piece of paper.
step 2) When machine comes back up, look in System.map file
for addresses in "vacinity" of the magic number.
step 3) Report the symbol names in that spot to here.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans