SubjectRe: kernel list spam

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

->Perhaps Linus Torvalds could share his choice of mailer with us.
->He must get thousands of messages every day.

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 17:43:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: New pentium bug workaround - please test..

^^^^
As you can see it is Pine 3.95 for Linux.

->Still, I like elm. I'm not about to change because I have
->memorized all of the user interface. I can type ahead without
->worry that I might delete all my mail. I simply can't deal
->with hundreds of incoming messages every day.

Just use procmail. I use the procmail + pine and it seems to work
quite well. I recieve around 500 emails per day.

btw: you need hack pine a bit to make it handle havy load email:
few recommendations include:
-tenex format mailbox -- fast even for 3'500+ messages per folder
-multiple incoming folders
-incoming archive folder

but for that you also need make procmail use the tmail to make
it save it save email in tenex format. it is part of imap staff
available from the same place as pine is.

PS: i think an idea of self-moderated newsgroup is quite interesting.

-Adam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.040 / U:0.800 seconds]