SubjectRe: New Small Cyrix patch

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Linux Developer wrote:

> This is chipset dependant. As I reported previously, VXtwo and VXpro+
> motherboards report totally different bogomips. The VXtwo will report the
> bus clocking, sans multiplier, within 20MHz. The VXpro+ will report it to
> 20MHz within bus clocking, with multiplier. Both have the UMC8886/UMC8887
> combo, which incorrectly reports in /proc/pci, as shown below.

> And, as I said, this is a UMC board, not VIA. there is no VIA hardware on
> it whatsoever. i'm not sure if this is caused by overlapping id's, or just
> a typo in pci.h/pci.c. One of these days I will get around to fixing it.

Every VXpro board I've seen has been a remarked VIA vp1 chipset. Are you
sure yours is really a UMC? I imagine the VXtwo is another remarked VIA
chipset, probably the vp2. For anyone interested, the TXpro is a remarked
ALi chipset, the Aladdin IV.

later,
Andrew Kieschnick

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.078 / U:0.536 seconds]