    SubjectRe: Linux-2.0.32..
    And speaking of drivers. The latest Vortex Driver from Donald Becker would
    also be appreciated. As an ISP, we use almost all Vortex cards (I know, I
    know...), and their performance, and sometimes operability is highly
    dependent on having the latest one....

    On 17 Nov 1997, Jes Degn Soerensen wrote:

    > Linus> There may well still be some problems hiding somewhere, but I
    > Linus> suspect many people will be happier with an official 2.0.x
    > Linus> release that fixes both the Pentium bug and the network
    > Linus> fragment bug even if there are small details with the Pentium
    > Linus> bug that may need looking into. For an ISP, strange corner-case
    > Linus> behaviour (if there is any) is still a lot better than a dead
    > Linus> machine.
    >
    > Hmmm while we've been confused with the Pentium bug I forgot to
    > mention something - dunno if other people said so before.
    >
    > I just checked 2.0.32-pre6 and I noticed that it still has the old
    > v0.34 driver for the EEPro100 boards. With this driver we are not even
    > able to install our boxes here since the boards hang when you `cold
    > start' on them. Could you please update it to the v0.36 driver which
    > is known to fix this problem (and which indeed solves our startup
    > problem).
    >
    > Jes

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:4.291 / U:0.304 seconds]