SubjectRe: 2.1.63 oops on umount

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Adam Wiggins wrote:
>
> > I get my file systems (both ext2) not unmounting in 2.1.63-64 due
> > to umount segfaulting. The partitions get cleaned at boot time but its a
> > worry and something must be broken or changed.
> > Any ideas? Adam
>
> If the umount command is segfaulting I would suspect a library problem
> or something of that sort.

But why does it work with 2.1.62 and lower kernels then? I have a
lot of things segfaulting with nasty "cannot dereference kernel NULL
pointer" or similar KERNEL debugging messages, this leads me to believe
its a kernel problem, specially if others are getting similar problems and
they have. Some have reported the umount segfaulting with kernel debugging
msgs and others have said when they exit squake they get the same.
Cheers Adam

> > Regards, > Bill

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.031 / U:0.236 seconds]