    SubjectLinux-2.0.32..

    No,
    I haven't _quite_ released it, but there's a pre-patch-2.0.32-6.gz on
    ftp.kernel.org that I'd really like to release as 2.0.32 tomorrow. But in
    order to do so, I'd like to be reasonably certain that it does indeed fix
    the problems that people have had with debuggers etc with the previous
    Pentium bugfix patches. Thanks to Hans Lermen for looking into all the
    ugly details on finding where the instruction actually is..

    There may well still be some problems hiding somewhere, but I suspect many
    people will be happier with an official 2.0.x release that fixes both the
    Pentium bug and the network fragment bug even if there are small details
    with the Pentium bug that may need looking into. For an ISP, strange
    corner-case behaviour (if there is any) is still a lot better than a dead
    machine.

    Thanks to everybody who has helped with the Pentium bug fixing effort by
    testing. I hope you can find the time to check this (hopefully last) patch
    out,

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.018 / U:29.852 seconds]